Saturday, March 19, 2011

To Smash or Not to Smash... That is the Question...


I'm not sure where the tradition of smashing wedding cake into each other mouths came from. I'm not a fan of this for sure. Isn't your wedding day supposed to be the day that you are the most beautiful? You've spent the day getting your hair done and your make up done just perfectly, to have your groom smash a cake in your face?!

Let me ask this? Why can't the couple just use forks? Or some other ideas I found while surfing the web about this very idea; cutting the cake then toasting, putting a dab of frosting on the tips of your noses or just feeding yourself.

One of the tips I thought "amusing" was smash the cake in the Maid of Honor and Best Man's face. I'm sure that would go over well. And why stop there... Find Grandma or your Officiant... Ok, so maybe not, but you see where I'm going here.

Whatever you decide be sure that both the bride and the groom are on board. An unexpected food fight might not be the best way to start your lives together.

Related Information:
How to Pay for a Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment