Friday, April 15, 2011

White, Pink, Blue... You Choose

The days of only wearing a white wedding dress are over. The standard for a first wedding is that the bride wear white. If it is a second wedding they wear off white or cream. But, why? Is there a rule on this?

I was married in 1999. I wore a traditional white gown. It was very pretty. The marriage ended and I've thought, if I were to get married again what would I wear? For me, having been married once and having had the big wedding I wouldn't wear white. I would choose a light pink or blue. But, I know someone who is getting married soon and it will be her second wedding and she is choosing to wear white. She did not have a dress at all for the first wedding. I know another person who chose to wear pink on their wedding day, and it was in fact her first wedding. So there is not a rule, the wedding fashion police did not knock on either of theses women's doors.

And quite frankly, if I do walk down the ailse again I will wear something like this:

 But in softer colors.

Oh and I want to be married by a pirate sea captain.... Just saying....

Wedding-related costs to keep in mind when planning a wedding on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment